Welcome, food enthusiasts! Today, we have a treat for your taste buds that’s not only delicious but also incredibly easy to prepare – Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chops. This savory dish is a game-changer for anyone seeking a hearty and comforting meal with minimal effort. Whether you’re a busy professional or a home chef looking to simplify dinner without compromising on taste, this recipe is tailor-made for you.
Who is This Recipe For?
This recipe caters to individuals who appreciate the convenience of slow-cooker meals without sacrificing flavor. It’s perfect for busy families, working professionals, or anyone who wants a delicious home-cooked meal with little hands-on time. With easily available ingredients and straightforward steps, even those with minimal cooking experience can master this dish.
Kitchen Equipment Needed
To embark on this culinary journey, ensure you have the following kitchen equipment ready:
- 5-6 quart oval slow cooker
- Small bowl for cornstarch mixture
- Cooking spoon for stirring
Gather the following ingredients for your Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chops adventure:
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 oz packet onion soup mix
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup, low sodium
- 1 oz packet dry pork gravy mix
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- To thicken gravy: 3 tbsp cornstarch, 3 tbsp cold water
Let’s dive into the easy-to-follow steps:
- In your 5-6 quart oval slow cooker, combine onion soup mix, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and pork gravy mix. Whisk together until well combined.
- Season both sides of the pork chops with a touch of garlic powder.
- Place the pork chops into the slow cooker, ensuring they are well spread out, and cover them with the flavorful gravy mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for approximately 4-6 hours.
- Just before the pork chops are done, whisk together the cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl until smooth. Pour it into the slow cooker with the pork chops and stir gently.
- Cover and switch the slow cooker to high, cooking for an additional 30 minutes or until the gravy has thickened.
Recipe Note: Serve this delightful dish with creamy mashed potatoes for the perfect pairing.