Welcome to my kitchen, fellow foodies! Today, I’m thrilled to share with you an irresistible dessert recipe that combines the best of two worlds – Butter Pecan Cake Brownies. If you have a sweet tooth and a love for the nutty goodness of pecans, this dessert is tailor-made for you. The rich, buttery flavors of the pecan cake mix and the luscious cream cheese topping are a match made in heaven. This delightful treat is perfect for any occasion, whether you’re hosting a party, preparing a family dinner, or just indulging in a delicious homemade dessert.
Who is This Recipe For?
This recipe is a true crowd-pleaser, catering to dessert lovers of all ages. Whether you’re a seasoned baker looking for a delightful twist on classic brownies or a novice in the kitchen seeking to impress your guests, these Butter Pecan Cake Brownies will not disappoint. The preparation is straightforward, and the end result is a delightful combination of textures and flavors that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy.
Why It’s Great
- Decadent Flavor: The fusion of butter pecan cake mix, cream cheese, and pecans creates a divine flavor profile that’s both nutty and creamy, indulging your senses in every bite.
- Easy to Make: With simple ingredients and step-by-step instructions, this recipe is perfect for both beginners and experienced bakers.
- Versatile: These brownies are incredibly versatile – they can be served as a dessert after dinner, at a potluck, or even as an afternoon treat with coffee or tea.
- Impressive Presentation: The combination of light brown cake and creamy topping, garnished with pecans, makes for a visually appealing dessert that’s perfect for special occasions.
Kitchen Equipment Needed
Before we begin, make sure you have the following kitchen equipment on hand:
- 9 x 13-inch baking pan
- Mixing bowls
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Parchment paper (optional, for easy removal of brownies from the pan)
- Cooling rack
1. Can I use a different cake mix flavor?
Absolutely! While the butter pecan cake mix adds a unique flavor, you can experiment with other cake mix flavors, such as chocolate, yellow, or even red velvet, to create your own variations.
2. Can I make these brownies ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the brownies ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. However, for the best taste and texture, it’s recommended to serve them fresh.
3. Are these brownies freezer-friendly?
Definitely! If you have leftovers or want to make a batch for future enjoyment, you can freeze the brownies. Ensure they are fully cooled before placing them in an airtight container or freezer bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to three months.
Recipe Variations and Tips
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the cream cheese topping for a warm and cozy twist.
- For a gluten-free version, use a gluten-free cake mix and ensure all other ingredients are gluten-free as well.
- If you prefer a bit of texture in your brownies, toss some mini chocolate chips on top along with the pecans before baking.
Food and Drink Pairings
These Butter Pecan Cake Brownies pair wonderfully with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an indulgent dessert. You can also serve them with a cup of freshly brewed coffee or a glass of cold milk.
- Bottom Layer
- 1 (18-ounce) box butter pecan cake mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 (1 lb) box confectioners' sugar (3 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup pecans
Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C).
In a mixing bowl, combine the butter pecan cake mix, melted butter, and one large egg. Stir until the ingredients are well incorporated and form a dough-like consistency.
Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the 9 x 13-inch baking pan. You can use your hands or the back of a spoon to achieve an even layer.
In another mixing bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, melted butter, two large eggs, and softened cream cheese. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer on low speed to blend the ingredients until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Pour the topping mixture over the bottom layer in the baking pan, spreading it evenly to cover the entire surface.
Sprinkle the pecans on top of the cream cheese layer, distributing them evenly.
Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 55 minutes or until the cake tests done. You can check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center; if it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, the brownies are ready.
Once baked, remove the pan from the oven and allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan on a cooling rack.