- ½ C. All-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp. sugar, Granulated
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- ½ C. Whole milk
- 2 C. Chopped onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Place all of the ingredients minus the oil into a mixing bowl, and stir together until well combined.
- Heat ½ -1 inch of oil in a deep-sided skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
- When the oil has reached a temperature of at least 175 degrees, drop the batter into the skillet by the tablespoonful, spreading it out a bit as you go.
- Brown the fritters on one side, flip and brown them on the other before removing to drain on a paper towel lined rack.
- Serve with sour cream or your favorite dipping sauce if desired.