Looking for a quick and delicious steak recipe? These tender and juicy garlic butter steak bites are the answer. With a mouthwatering combination of flavors, these bite-sized pieces of steak are seared to perfection and bathed in a savory garlic butter sauce. Let’s dive into how to make this delightful dish.
Who Will Love This Recipe?
This garlic butter steak bites recipe is perfect for:
- Steak Lovers: If you enjoy the rich, savory taste of steak, you’re in for a treat.
- Busy Cooks: This recipe is quick and easy to prepare, making it ideal for busy weeknight dinners.
- Appetizer Enthusiasts: Serve these steak bites as an appetizer at parties and gatherings, and watch them disappear.
- Dinner on a Budget: You can use budget-friendly cuts of steak without sacrificing flavor.
What Makes It Special?
Here’s what makes this garlic butter steak bites recipe special:
- Savory Garlic Butter: The garlic butter sauce adds incredible depth of flavor and richness to the steak.
- Quick Cooking: You can whip up this dish in about 20 minutes, making it a fantastic option for a speedy, satisfying meal.
- Versatile: Serve these steak bites as an appetizer, over a bed of rice or pasta, or with your favorite side dishes.
Enjoy your homemade garlic butter steak bites, a quick and delicious dish that’s perfect for any occasion!
- For the Steak Bites:
- 2 pounds of steak (e.g., beef tenderloin, NY Strip, Ribeye), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- For the Garlic Butter Sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup white wine (or beef broth)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Step 1: Prepare the Steak Bites
Begin by cutting the steak of your choice into bite-sized pieces. Common options include beef tenderloin, NY Strip, or Ribeye.
Sprinkle the steak pieces with smoked paprika, salt, and ground pepper, ensuring they are evenly coated.
Step 2: Sear the Steak Bites
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Add olive oil to the skillet, and once it's hot, carefully add the steak pieces. Be sure not to overcrowd the pan, as this can lead to steaming instead of searing. Work in batches if needed.
Sear all sides of the steak pieces until they achieve your desired level of doneness. A meat thermometer is handy; aim for around 125°F (52°C) for medium-rare, but adjust to your preference. Once done, remove the steak and set it aside.
Step 3: Create the Garlic Butter Sauce
In the same skillet, add the minced garlic. Cook it for only about 10 seconds, being careful not to let it brown.
Pour in the white wine (or beef broth) to deglaze the pan. As the wine simmers, use a spatula to scrape up the flavorful brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Allow about one-third of the wine to evaporate while you're doing this.
Add the butter to the skillet and cook for another 2 minutes, allowing it to melt and infuse the sauce with rich, buttery flavor.
Step 4: Combine and Garnish
Return the seared steak bites to the skillet, tossing them in the garlic butter sauce to coat.
Garnish the dish with fresh chopped parsley.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy
Your tender and juicy garlic butter steak bites are ready to serve. Whether as an appetizer, over rice, pasta, or with your favorite side dishes, they're sure to satisfy your taste buds.