When two classic desserts collide, the result is nothing short of amazing. Pecan Pie Brownies bring together the rich and fudgy goodness of brownies with the sweet, nutty, and slightly gooey pecan pie filling. These indulgent brownies are a delightful treat for those who appreciate the harmonious blend of textures and flavors. Let’s dive into the recipe.
- Brownie Mix Varieties: You can use your favorite brownie mix, whether it’s a classic fudge brownie mix or a dark chocolate brownie mix. The choice is yours.
- Pecan Preparation: Feel free to toast the pecans for a richer, nuttier flavor. Simply spread them on a baking sheet and toast in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 8-10 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Serving Suggestions: These Pecan Pie Brownies are delicious on their own, but a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream makes them even more decadent.
Q: Can I use a homemade brownie batter instead of a boxed mix?
A: Yes, you can certainly use a homemade brownie batter if you prefer. Just ensure it’s the right amount for a 13×9 inch pan.
Q: Can I make these brownies in advance?
A: Absolutely! These brownies can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container for a few days. In fact, they often taste even better the next day.
Q: Can I use different nuts instead of pecans?
A: While pecans are classic in pecan pie, you can experiment with other nuts like walnuts or almonds for a unique twist.
Pecan Pie Brownies are a delightful fusion of two beloved desserts, offering the best of both worlds. These sweet and nutty brownies are perfect for satisfying your cravings or impressing your guests. Give this recipe a try, and enjoy the delightful flavors of pecan pie and brownies combined! Explore more mouthwatering recipes on our blog.
- For the Brownies:
- 1 box of brownie mix (must have instructions for making in a 13x9 pan, along with the ingredients listed on the package)
- For the Pecan Pie Filling:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups roughly chopped pecans
Step 1: Preheat and Prepare
Preheat your oven according to the brownie package instructions.
Step 2: Prepare the Pecan Pie Filling
In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Cook this mixture over medium heat, stirring often.
Step 3: Mix the Brownie Batter
While the pecan pie filling is simmering, prepare the brownie mix according to the package instructions.
Step 4: Pre-Bake the Brownies
Pour the brownie batter into a greased 13x9 inch pan and place it in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Note: The baking time for the brownie layer may vary based on the specific brownie mix you're using, so be sure to keep an eye on them. You want to partially bake the brownies; they should be just set and not fully cooked.
Step 5: Make the Pecan Pie Filling
As the brownies are pre-baking, the filling in the saucepan should have thickened enough to coat a spoon (approximately 15 minutes).
Stir the roughly chopped pecans into the mixture and continue to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the filling reaches the consistency of runny oatmeal. It should be loose enough to pour over the brownies but not entirely liquid.
Step 6: Layer and Bake
When the brownies have finished pre-baking, remove them from the oven.
Carefully pour the pecan pie filling over the brownies, spreading it out to cover them completely.
Place the pan back in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the filling only jiggles slightly in the middle when you move the pan.
Step 7: Cool and Serve
Allow the Pecan Pie Brownies to cool to room temperature before cutting. This helps the flavors meld and the filling to set.