Looking for a quick and delicious dessert that doesn’t require turning on the oven? Look no further than our No-Bake Banana Split Cake. This delightful treat brings all the flavors of a classic banana split into a convenient and heavenly dessert. Whether you’re short on time, avoiding the heat of the oven, or simply craving a creamy, fruity indulgence, this recipe is sure to hit the spot. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through each step, offer some helpful tips, and even suggest variations to make it your own. So, let’s dive into the world of no-bake goodness!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Before we get started, let’s take a look at the ingredients you’ll need for your No-Bake Banana Split Cake:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 bananas
- 1 (20 oz.) can of crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 (8 oz.) container of Cool Whip non-dairy whipped topping (or homemade whipped cream)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (10 oz.) jar maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry with a paper towel
Now that you’ve got your ingredients ready, let’s move on to creating this delightful dessert.
The Step-by-Step Guide
1. Prepare the Crust
Begin by melting half a cup of butter (1 stick). Once melted, blend it with graham cracker crumbs using a fork until the mixture is evenly moistened. Press this mixture into the bottom of a 9×13″ pan to form the crust. This will be the base of your banana split cake.
2. Creamy Filling
Using an electric mixer, blend the remaining half cup of butter (1 stick) with the softened cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and a pinch of salt. Beat this mixture for 3 to 4 minutes, or until it becomes light and fluffy. Spread this cream cheese mixture evenly over the graham cracker crust. This will be the creamy layer that holds your dessert together.
3. Banana Slices and Pineapple
Now, slice your bananas and arrange them evenly over the cream cheese mixture. Top the bananas with the well-drained crushed pineapple. This is where you start to get the classic banana split flavors.
4. Whipped Topping and Garnish
Spread the Cool Whip non-dairy whipped topping (or homemade whipped cream) over the pineapple layer. Make it nice and smooth. Then, sprinkle the top with chopped pecans and place the maraschino cherries on top. This is where your dessert truly takes on the appearance of a classic banana split.
5. Chill and Serve
Cover your No-Bake Banana Split Cake and refrigerate it for at least 2 to 3 hours, or overnight. This allows the flavors to meld and the dessert to set. When you’re ready to indulge, serve it chilled.
Tips and Variations
- Homemade Whipped Cream: If you prefer, you can make your own whipped cream using heavy cream and sugar. It adds a wonderful homemade touch.
- Crust Variations: Get creative with the crust by using crushed pretzels or chocolate cookie crumbs for a different flavor and texture.
- Toppings Galore: Experiment with various toppings like chocolate sauce, caramel drizzle, or even chocolate chips for added decadence.
- Fresh Fruit: While this recipe uses canned pineapple, you can substitute it with fresh pineapple for a more vibrant and tangy twist.No-Bake Banana Split Cake