Monkey bread is a delightful and gooey treat that’s perfect for breakfast or dessert. This easy monkey bread recipe uses canned biscuits for convenience and is coated in a sweet, buttery, and cinnamon-sugar mixture that caramelizes as it bakes. It’s a crowd-pleaser and simple to make. Let’s get started!
Who Will Love This Recipe?
This easy monkey bread recipe is perfect for:
- Families: Kids and adults alike will enjoy pulling apart the sweet and sticky pieces of monkey bread.
- Baking Beginners: If you’re new to baking, this recipe is very forgiving and doesn’t require any complicated techniques.
- Brunch Lovers: Monkey bread is a great addition to a brunch spread or a sweet treat for any time of the day.
- Anyone with a Sweet Tooth: If you love sweet, cinnamon-flavored treats, this monkey bread will satisfy your cravings.
What Makes It Special?
Here’s what makes this monkey bread special:
- Cinnamon Sugar Goodness: The combination of cinnamon, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and melted butter creates a sweet, gooey, and aromatic coating for the biscuits.
- Easy Preparation: Using canned biscuits makes this recipe incredibly easy and quick to prepare.
- Pull-Apart Fun: Part of the fun of monkey bread is tearing it apart and enjoying bite-sized pieces.
- 4 cans of Pillsbury Biscuits
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
Step 1: Preheat the Oven
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
Step 2: Prepare the Sugar Mixture
In a one-gallon ziplock bag, combine the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon. Seal the bag and shake it to mix the ingredients evenly. This will be used to coat the biscuit pieces.
Step 3: Prepare the Butter and Brown Sugar Mixture
In a glass bowl, melt the 1/2 cup of butter. Once melted, mix it with the packed brown sugar until well combined. This mixture will create a delicious caramel sauce for the monkey bread.
Step 4: Cut the Biscuits
Open the cans of Pillsbury Biscuits and cut each biscuit into fourths. You'll have bite-sized pieces of biscuit dough.
Step 5: Coat the Biscuit Pieces
Place the biscuit pieces into the gallon-sized ziplock bag with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Seal the bag and shake it to coat the biscuit pieces evenly.
Step 6: Assemble the Monkey Bread
Place the coated biscuit pieces into a bundt pan. As you layer them in the pan, try to distribute them evenly.
Step 7: Add the Butter and Brown Sugar Mixture
Drizzle the melted butter and brown sugar mixture over the biscuit pieces in the bundt pan. The mixture will flow throughout the dough.
Step 8: Bake
Place the bundt pan in the preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes. The monkey bread should become golden brown and bubbling.
Step 9: Rest and Flip
Let the monkey bread rest for about 5 minutes after removing it from the oven. Then, place a serving plate on top of the bundt pan and carefully flip it over. The monkey bread should release onto the plate, displaying its caramelized, gooey goodness.
Step 10: Serve and Enjoy
Serve your easy monkey bread warm and pull apart the sweet and sticky pieces. It's best enjoyed fresh out of the oven!
This simple monkey bread recipe is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth with minimal effort. Whether you serve it for breakfast, brunch, or dessert, it's sure to be a hit with family and friends. Enjoy!