Prepare to elevate your dessert game with our enchanting Strawberry Cake recipe. This delightful creation blends the simplicity of a white cake mix with the vibrant essence of strawberries, resulting in a moist and flavorful treat that’s perfect for any celebration. Whether you’re a baking novice or a seasoned pro, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your repertoire.
Why Strawberry Cake?
Strawberry Cake is the epitome of indulgence with its luscious strawberry-infused layers and creamy cream cheese icing. This recipe offers a delightful balance of sweetness and a burst of fruity freshness, making it an ideal choice for birthdays, gatherings, or whenever you crave a slice of pure bliss.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 (3 Oz) box strawberry jello
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup oil (canola oil works well)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pureed strawberries (1 cup for the cake, 1 cup for the icing)
- 4 eggs
- Prepare the Cake Batter:
- Combine cake mix, flour, strawberry jello, and water in a bowl.
- Add oil and eggs one at a time, beating well between additions.
- Incorporate one cup of pureed strawberries into the batter and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased and floured 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cream Cheese Icing:
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened butter, softened cream cheese, and one cup of frozen or fresh pureed strawberries.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and mix with a mixer until creamy.
- Assemble and Garnish:
- Once the cake has cooled, spread the cream cheese icing over the top.
- Optionally, garnish with whole strawberries or drizzle additional pureed strawberries on top.
Pro Tips and Shortcuts
- Fresh vs. Frozen Strawberries: While fresh strawberries offer optimal flavor, frozen ones work well, especially for the icing. Ensure to thaw and drain excess liquid before pureeing.
- Speedy Icing: Use a store-bought cream cheese icing for a quicker assembly without compromising taste.
- Cupcake Variation: Turn this recipe into strawberry cupcakes for individual servings. Adjust the baking time accordingly.
Kitchen Equipment Needed
- Mixing bowls
- 9×13 baking pan
- Spatula for icing
Store any leftover Strawberry Cake in the refrigerator to maintain freshness. Cover the cake with plastic wrap or transfer it to an airtight container. Consume within 3-4 days for the best taste.
- Beverage Pairing: Enjoy a slice with a cup of hot tea or iced coffee for a delightful contrast.
- Serve with Ice Cream: Elevate your dessert experience by serving each slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use a different flavor of jello?
A: Absolutely! Experiment with flavors like raspberry or cherry to customize the cake to your liking.
Q: Can I make the cake ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can bake the cake a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator. Add the icing just before serving for a fresh finish.
Q: Can I use a different type of oil in the cake?
A: Certainly! Vegetable oil or melted butter can be suitable alternatives to canola oil.