Imagine the warm and comforting aroma of apple pie, fresh from the oven, but in a much quicker and easier form. Our Apple Pie Biscuits recipe brings together the delightful flavors of apple pie filling, cinnamon, and brown sugar with the convenience of buttermilk biscuits. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the steps to make this delicious treat, including a sweet icing to top it all off. Get ready to savor a slice of apple pie heaven without the fuss!
Who Will Love This Recipe?
Apple Pie Biscuits are a sweet treat that appeals to a variety of tastes and occasions:
- Dessert Lovers: If you have a sweet tooth, this dessert combines the best of both worlds—apple pie and biscuits.
- Home Bakers: With simple ingredients and quick preparation, this recipe is perfect for those who want a homemade dessert without hours in the kitchen.
- Impatient Foodies: When you’re craving apple pie but don’t want to wait for a traditional pie to bake, this recipe delivers the flavors you desire in less time.
- Family and Friends: Whether it’s a casual gathering or a special occasion, Apple Pie Biscuits are a crowd-pleaser that will leave everyone satisfied.
What Makes It Special?
Apple Pie Biscuits stand out because of their:
- Ease of Preparation: With canned biscuits and apple pie filling, you can create a delightful dessert without the need for extensive baking skills.
- Flavor Fusion: The combination of apple pie filling, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract results in a harmonious blend of sweet and spicy flavors.
- Quick Baking Time: In just 35 minutes, you can go from craving apple pie to enjoying warm, tender biscuits with apple pie goodness.
- Icing Drizzle: The simple icing drizzle adds a touch of sweetness and elegance to the final dish.
Tips for a Perfect Dessert
Here are some tips to ensure your Apple Pie Biscuits turn out just right:
- Consistency Check: Keep an eye on the biscuits as they bake. They should be golden brown on the outside and cooked through on the inside.
- Customize Icing: Adjust the thickness of the icing by adding more or less milk until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Serve Promptly: While these biscuits are best enjoyed warm, you can reheat them in the oven or microwave if needed.
- 1 can of buttermilk biscuits
- 1 can of apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- For the Icing:
- 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon of milk
Step 1: Prepare the Pan
Lightly grease a baking pan or skillet to prevent sticking.
Step 2: Mix the Sugar and Spices
In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. This creates a flavorful coating for the biscuits.
Step 3: Dip Biscuits in Butter
Dip each buttermilk biscuit in the melted butter, making sure to coat all sides.
Step 4: Coat with Sugar Mix
Roll the butter-coated biscuits in the sugar and spice mixture, ensuring they are evenly covered.
Step 5: Arrange in the Pan
Arrange the coated biscuits in the greased pan or skillet.
Step 6: Chop Apple Pie Filling
Chop the apple pie filling into smaller pieces and mix in the vanilla extract.
Step 7: Arrange Apple Filling
Spread the chopped apple pie filling over the biscuits in the pan. Sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture and drizzle any remaining butter over the top.
Step 8: Bake to Perfection
Bake the assembled dish in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 35 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown and cooked through.
Step 9: Make the Icing
While the biscuits are baking, prepare the icing by mixing confectioner's sugar and milk in a separate bowl until smooth.
Step 10: Drizzle with Icing
Once the Apple Pie Biscuits are out of the oven and slightly cooled, drizzle the icing over the top.
Step 11: Serve Warm
Serve the Apple Pie Biscuits warm for the best flavor and enjoyment.